"A healthy dose of motivation with a twist"
1.The next time you get a cue to eat when you are not hungry - pause, count to ten, then make a phone call to distract yourself. Give your cues time to pass.
2. Give yourself a chance to eat better by making your first choice healthy, then if all else fails go ahead and eat the cupcake.
3. The best way to burn off a bad food choice is to exercise before you even eat it. It will taste even better.
4. One way to avoid an unhealthy cue is to google the food you want to eat to see what it is really made of. Then google how long it takes to work it off. That will either stop you dead in your tracks or get you running for your life - literally!
5. Food produced in a plant can never taste as good as food grown from a plant. You just can't beat nature at it's own game.
1. Don't answer a cue on the first ring. Get busy instead and let it go to voicemail.
2. Don't grab the cupcake until you try a piece of fruit first. It might be better than the cupcake in more ways than one.
3. Don't eat it unless you delete it. Whatever you eat needs to be used for energy so don't eat more than you are willing to use.
4. Don't buy into the cheap junk food for sale. It's cheap for a reason and the reason isn't worth your time or your tummy.
5. Don't eat a diet of processed foods, eat more plant based foods to lose weight and get healthy.
One of the best ways to avoid unhealthy cues is to have other ways to comfort yourself besides food that doesn't add calories. You can use music, spa baths, candles, nature walk, hobbies, reading for inspiration, helping someone and giving back to your community. All these things take your mind off food and on to other satisfying ways to deal with unhealthy cues. Whatever brings you comfort, do more of that!
"Calling all cues, we have the answers."